Sunday, June 2, 2013

Kingdom Chronicle’s Cupcakes


Yesterday my church hosted a children’s ministry workshop. It was an all day event and several other churches were involved. Breakfast and lunch were included. I was asked to provide the dessert for lunch. The theme was “Kingdom Chronicles”,  a vacation Bible school curriculum that centers  around teaching children that they are princes and princesses in the Kingdom of God. The amount of work and care the individuals hosting this event put into it blew me away. You could feel the love as soon as you walked in. Tables covered with puppets, crafts, all sorts of things to train teachers to teach children about the unbelievable love our Father in heaven has for them. I was honored to serve and bless these wonderful men and woman with some cupcake-y treats!
Cupcakes make me so unbelievably happy. I don’t know why. They just do.
I made 6 different types of cupcakes and they seemed to be a hit!
Here is the finished display which I think turned out adorable.

 
The children’s ministry used the Cricut machine to cut out the crown wrappers that went around each cupcake.  Inexpensive but oh so cute!
I made the following cupcakes:
Coconut Cupcake with Lime Coconut Butter-Cream Frosting

 
The frosting for these cupcakes was my absolute favorite thing out of everything I made. Light and fluffy and yummers. I still have a tub of it in the fridge…needless to say it will be used. Mmmmmm….
This was my first time experimenting with gum paste flowers. I could spend hours making pretty little flowers and be as happy as a clam.
Are clams happy?...Really?...Do they have emotions?
Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Butter-Cream

 
Chocolate Cream filled Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

 
I used a candy mold to make the little chocolate crowns stuck in each cupcake. They turned out so sweet!
S’mores Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting

 
White and Milk Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

 
Each of these had a Lindt truffle melted in the center of them. Mmmmm.
 
 
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
 
 

 
Phew! I didn’t get to bed until 2:30 in the morning Friday night but I think it was so worth it. My heart was happy and full of cupcake love.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Kim! So wish we lived closer it would have been fun to help you this. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Great job Kimmerme!

    ReplyDelete