Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Hope always wins

Ecclesiastes 11:6


Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.

     This verse has been bouncing around in the back of my brain for a while now. I feel like I need to try different things and see which one will succeed. Should I offer beginner piano lessons in a new community with lots of children? Should I start a cupcake / specialty cake business? Should I figure out a way to make $ writing? Should I open an Etsy account and try and sell little hand made banners and things? Should I become a pre-school teacher and enroll baby D. in day care five days a week? Should I do all of these and see which one succeeds. Should I do none of them and just focus on raising my baby? Are we going to have another baby any time soon? If we do what will that mean for any of the above imagined income earning goals?

     All those questions and that verse have been pummeling my mind, will and emotions of late. I have decided to take baby steps and this is one of them. I'm starting again to blog/journal about my journey. I really wish I had this past year because it has been a whirl-wind of life with a home sale, living with family, moving into an apartment, house hunting, house hunting, house hunting and finally purchasing a home. The price tag scares me but the slogan was "affordable luxury" so it's affordable right? I feel so many emotions as I always do about big purchases. I just took a stroll to the mail box to pick up a stack of bills and it started a whole new pummel process. What if we can't? What if we don't? What if, what if, what if. 

     But what if we do? What if we succeed? What if this home was just as good an investment as the last one? Hope has a way of filling in anxious cracks as long as I have the presence of mind to allow it to. 

Hope always wins.

Here it is:



     It's clean and new and wonderful. 

     Moving is going slowly but surely. My tables are covered in my dish hutch contents and my dish hutches are still in the garage awaiting muscle to help bring them in:



     Wubs has been working 10 hour days 6 days a week. He moved to a new company the Monday following the close of our home (yeah...there's been a lot of transition here). All that and he still spent his Sunday getting a whole bunch of stuff done around here including cutting the patch of grass baby D. is lost in here:


    
Love that man!!

      We bought a home with an HOA and I was wondering when they were going to tell us to mow our lawn! They didn't. It would have gotten done sooner but some gas cans got misplaced in the move and it took a few days to track them down and retrieve them from a relatives home.

      Baby D. loves watching all the work going on around us in this development. He was watching the neighbors house get painted in the picture above. :) Little sweets. 

Now you know why I'm calling my blog "come here sweets"...It's a cute name for a cup-cake business and I say it several times a day to the little nugget above!

     He rarely responds.

     I usually have to chase him.

No comments:

Post a Comment