Thursday, January 10, 2019

Goodbye Cole Birthday Cupcakes

     Today was spent baking cupcakes with my 3 year old. His cousin who has lived with us for about 6 months asked if he could celebrate his birthday with his class before he left this weekend to move back in with his mother. All my three year old heard was “cupcakes”. I have spent much of my week explaining to him that his cousin will be moving out and all I get in reply is “Are we gonna make cupcakes?” He is a typical one track minded 3 year old when it comes to sugar. He makes me laugh. I love him so. I feel mixed feelings about his cousin leaving but feel peaceful about the decision. I think it is the right decision for all but I know it will be a difficult transition for Cole.
       Big boy D ate three cupcakes that hadn't been iced yet because he couldn't wait that long. We made rainbow chip and chocolate. When the icing was completed he kept taking big finger fulls out of the bowl. I told him he had enough and was gonna get a tummy ache. There was SOOOO much excitement over the cupcakes. He is currently crashed on our bed upstairs after complaining to me that his throat hurt. I'm pretty sure he over did it on the sugar today.
      Baby girl has had a napping day which is not normal for her. I think I wore her out the past two days taking the kids out and about to get them out of the house. She didn't really have long naps and it has caught up with her. Momma is enjoying rare moment of both her littles napping. It rarely happens.
     I’ve been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. I’m obsessed with this show. I want to try to make everything they make. It gives me great inspiration. I’m looking at homemade cracker recipes right now. I never thought of making my own crackers until this show! My goal is to try at least one new recipe a week. We’ll see how it goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment