Monday, August 11, 2014

Makin' The Forest Home



Fresh mountain air…

Ahhh…nothing like it. 

We had a WHOLE week of it.
      I feel spoiled. Sitting back in my cubicle today brought it all home. It’s amazing how just a week away can make you feel like a foreigner at work. What was my password again? What was I doing when I left? Mud for brains. Must wake up.
I miss my misty mountain…
And the home we made in the forest.
This was our home.
And our kitchen.
Complete with stove.
And our dining room.
Even a shower…
With hot water!!!
    We bought two of these cubes. The first one broke after the first use. We drove back to Portland Tuesday to pick another one up... and snuggle with the kittens (of course) before leaving for the mountain again. We found out why it didn't work when we opened the new one...all the parts were incorrect and not hooking up correctly. We found out by reading the reviews that this company has a nasty habit of refurbishing old machines and selling them as new...that was the only frustrating thing that happened this week. Andrew was DETERMINED to give me a shower!!! We are definitely getting our money back for the first one! The trash can in the pic above was filled with water for the shower...super fancy hugh? I let Wubs have his moment. I think he was tired of listening to all the girls complain about being dirty. LOL.


     My absolute favorite thing about this week was watching my nieces and nephews and all the cousins interact. This family makes some cute kids.
     This is Kyler and his baby doll. I think the pictures tell a story and if i had more time I'd make a video of them with some sort of cute song playing in the background.











     EEP!! I just want to squeeze him...but then I'd have to catch him first. This is the little that climbed out of his parents camper at 10:00 at night and wandered in the pitch black darkness to his cousins camp site (about three camp sites away). This child has no concept of fear. He's a bit of a stinker and tends to make his parents (and all his relatives) nervous. He is always climbing up or in or on something...and by something I mean...twenty foot trees, the cab of his dads truck...ya know...all those safe play structures. He tends to walk outside in the middle of the night at home too...put a gate up you say? Oh yeah, the gate was up. The door was locked. He still found his way out and stood crying in front of the locked chicken barn because he couldn't crawl in and play with his feathery friends. Grandma heard his muffled cry as he stood in front of the barn door in the drizzling midnight rain crying not because he was cold or scared but because he was locked out of the hen house. That's this little stinker.
     I adore him.
 
     I have more of Timothy Lake to share but it will have to wait till tomorrow...
    

 

      







No comments:

Post a Comment