Sunday, October 12, 2014

Friends and Fur Babies

     This weekend we traveled to Redmond Oregon to Eagle Crest Resort to stay with friends for the weekend. They moved last year and we missed them greatly. After spending a couple days there I can see why they moved. This is just a short walk from their front door:
     Doesn’t it look like a postcard?
     I needed nature this weekend. I needed friends. I haven’t had that much fun in a long time. There was scene after scene of this beauty:
     I think I would move in a heart beat if Andrew could find work there. What I can't relay in pictures is the smell. Juniper trees offered a sweet pine scent and you just can't duplicate fresh country air blowing across wide open spaces. The contrast of where we live and there is well, shall I say...stark. I love my life in Portland. Don't get me wrong. I just know in my heart of hearts I'm a country chic through and through. I like to look up and see stars. I like to walk out the door and smell nature:
     Another thing about Redmond were the fur babies. They were every-where. I'm in love with their ears:
     Don't you just want to pet them? Run your hands along the back?  Oh there were ears for miles:
      Fur babies get a little skittish if you make sudden movements but for the most part don't mind if you are a few feet away from them. These particular fur babies have been a little domesticated. They reside in and around Eagle Crest resort and all the tourist coming and going keep them very well fed. You can buy grain for them as our friends had. They come right up to their back porch because they know where the suckers live. "If I stand here long enough someone will throw something yummy in my direction":
    Look at the curly fur in this ones ears:
     Sweet little bambi faces. I was in fur baby heaven:
     There were other fur babies too:
     Swishy tail swishy tail. "You got Yums?"

     You could pay to go horse-back riding there if you want but I was happy just saying hello.
We took a few walks while we were there. My friendship and nature cup got topped off...Such a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can say your a country girl at heart. When I speak of the Adirondacks, I normally refer to the prevailing odor there, that of the balsam duff that gives the park part of its unique character. The mule deer are a little more adaptive to humans than the white tails. Sweet pictures, Kim. Thanks. Glad you got a country "fix".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! You're for "your" in the first line. Didn't proof it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is you're instead of "your" in the first line. Didn't proof it well enough.

    ReplyDelete