Sunday, March 2, 2014

Goodmorning Furry



     Yesterday and the day before were uneventful so I didn’t have anything to report. Just the normal hum-drum hody-hum monotony of life. I spent yesterday running errands and finishing the last season of the show “leverage” on Netflix. It was a surprisingly clean and quirky show that had me on a marathon of tv gazing. I felt lazy and gluttonous chomping through a box of Girl Scout cookies my husband was swindled into buying by a thin mint cookie wearing Girl Scout. She batted her eyelashes and said “would you like to buy a box of cookies? They are $4 a box or 5 for $20. The $20 dollars is a better deal”. Between the cookie costume, the sweet high voiced sales pitch, or the child’s sincere belief in her own bad math…he didn’t stand a chance. In he walked with five boxes under his arms. Sigh…I was bingeing on cookies and TV. I’m so ashamed. Not really but I feel like maybe I should be so I said I was ;n ) I guess I felt guilty enough to research and buy some organic food that I have been wanting to get for a while. I’m slowly educating myself about health and wellness. Did you know that most bread made in America is manufactured with an additive in the dough that is illegal in a bunch of other countries? Yuck. I am a really big skeptic when it comes to health food but I have so many people that are really close to me that are getting healthy and taking small steps to change their eating and exorcizing habits. I can see the night and day difference in their life and I want the same thing for me! I’m tired of being tired and I know a big part of the problem is the food I eat. I also listened to a podcast about vitamin D3 and bought some of that. Baby baby baby steps but the journey has started.
     Wubs spent all day yesterday at his dad’s house chipping piles and piles and piles of branches. About three weeks ago his dad hired a tree trimming service to clean up his yard. It was quite over-grown and the trimming will make the trees bloom better come spring. When they were done trimming Wub’s mom was wondering about the plan for cleaning up all the trimming and asked, “How long am I going to have to live in an eagle’s next?” I laughed out loud because that is truly what their property looked like when the tree trimmer was done. Now all the branches are four very large piles of wood chips. I was proud of Wubs for getting up with me and going to church. He was exhausted. 
     Church was really really good this morning. The church’s yearly men’s retreat was this weekend (Wub’s missed it on account of the scheduled work day at Daddy in laws home) and they had the speaker from the retreat speak at church. He basically gave his testimony and it was very moving. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the place and God was moving and touching hearts. After church we invited two couples over for lunch/dinner. I had made a pork and beans dish earlier that morning and put it in the crock pot. It was a yummy fun evening and really nice to re-connect with friends again.     
     Another thing that has developed this week is we have been waking up to this every morning now. 






      Mr. Brewster has found a new favorite spot. It’s beyond cute to open my eyes in the morning to see his little pink nose or feet dangling over the bookshelf that is our beds headboard.




LOL…happiness is a little furry…


No comments:

Post a Comment