Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hope Is Its Only Cure



     So I am half way through the 3rd book of the Hunger games series “Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins. I’m avoiding anything that talks about the ending but I sure am curious about the point the author of these books is trying to make. I found it interesting that the target audience for this series is teens. At least I assume that it is because I found the books in the teen section of our local library. The books are very dark but seem to be making a point about the human condition and about how those with power seem to revert to abusing it. I’ll keep you posted on that. I was questioning if I should continue reading it because they are so very dark. I really don’t like filling my mind with that kind of garbage but since it has become a major motion film, giving the story line an even further reach, I care a little more about what it’s trying to teach.
      Wubs discovered that Netflix released the animated “Clone Wars” series. He has been watching it downstairs so as to not interrupt my reading. I didn’t ask him to he’s just considerate like that. He got sick of being apart though so he relocated upstairs next to me which didn’t bother me. I can tune out anything when my nose is buried in a book. I happened to look up at the screen just in time to see this quote:
“Fear is a disease. Hope is its only cure.”
     Andrew looked at me and said, “Did you catch that?” It was kind of profound to be stuck in a cartoon. I had caught it and we both exchanged a knowing look between us that we had just heard, in a random way, the voice of God speaking to our hearts. Yes, He can even use “Clone Wars”. I find it interesting that flashed across the screen a day after I received that word about the promise of Hope. 

“Ok God, I’m listening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment