Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Another Shooting



     My heart is sad today; sad and heavy. Just five miles away from where I work a child walked into school. He walked in with a rifle and opened fire this morning, killing another freshman student, chasing down a teacher who he thankfully missed and then taking his own life. The teacher was only grazed with a bullet but I’m sure he’s never going to forget this day. Some of the kids in our youth group go to this school. Everybody is asking why. I can’t help but think about how God is being taken out of every public arena across this country and how much of the church stays silent and doesn’t defend the truth of the scriptures.
     I was listening to Ravi again today. What He says makes sense out of senseless acts of wickedness.
     What he says in closing is true. We as the church… or at least myself because I can only speak for myself… do not know how to defend the Word of God and present it with meekness and humility. Too much of the church stands on a soap box shouting at different areas of social collapse while at the same time completely ignoring or at least not defending the Word of God. 
     I'm praying for the family's of all involved. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. So very sad and tragic. Thank God for the hope He alone can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment