Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bold & Beautiful Conference



     This Friday and Saturday I was invited to a Be Bold & Beautiful Women’s conference. Our church’s dance and worship team were invited to minister. I led one session. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. Several women got up and gave their testimony. All of them were heart-wrenching but every one of them ended in redemptive stories that only God could orchestrate. Much of it was deeply personal but God was moving in hearts.
     I got to lead from a grand.

     My favorite.
     I wish I could post the video of the dance team. It was so beautiful and healing where the central character dances her way to freedom.  The first time I saw them perform the dance was when they did it at our church. A woman in my church came up to me and told me that she felt I needed to be on the worship team again. I had not been for about a year and a half. I still fight to be there but after I poured out my heart and reasons for not doing it she prayed with me and said, “I just see a rainbow over your head with the word hope written in it”. When she was done I went and sat down just as the dance team was beginning the dance. The first girl to stand up was dressed in a rainbow tunic and pulled up a yellow flag with the word hope boldly printed across it. I turned to the lady that had just prayed for me and we exchanged a knowing glance that said, “Only God could orchestrate this moment”. She had no idea what the dance team was going to do. God was healing deep places in my heart. I told pastor two weeks later that I wanted to help out again.
     When I got home I was emotionally and physically exhausted. Not in a bad way. I was more like I had been so down-loaded to I needed to rest and process it all.
     Wubs worked for his brother all weekend. He walked in the door and handed me roses and told me he missed me.


     It feels like we hardly see each other because when he comes home he just wants to crash.I can't blame him. He works so hard!!


1 comment:

  1. Kim, your face speaks a thousand words of love. Andrew, thank you for loving this precious woman the way you do.

    ReplyDelete