Saturday, June 7, 2014

Foodie Night



     We are all so busy. Busy busy busy. Building what we mean to be successful lives. The business of busyness has unintended consequences though. One of them being isolation and loneliness. We’re just too busy to find the time to spend with friends and build relationships. We go through seasons. Winters of the soul that make us withdraw even further from others. Then I’m reminded that the greatest commandment was not narrowed to one thing but to two things. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. I do have friends that I love a lot. After last night one of them remarked, “It’s so good to be with people that you can just be yourself around without having to explain or defend yourself.” I’m paraphrasing what she said but I knew exactly what she meant. These people know pretty much everything about me. We have been around each other for almost ten years. Those are the kind of friends you can’t buy with any amount of gold. They are worth so, so much more. Invaluable really when it comes to finding meaning and purpose and worth. Only in relationship do we find true and lasting value in ourselves. These are my peeps:


     We needed desperately to get together so I made an event and just threw it out there in the hopes that people could make it. In one of those rare moments of luck they all could this time. I chose Indian food because I had been to the restaurant before and remembered loving it. We went to Swagat in downtown Portland. It was so good!! We had Indian Pringles:
At least that what I called them.
Here’s Wubs with one now:


Then we ordered an appetizer:


I called these Indian pop corn chicken. They gave us three different dipping sauces.
So. Good.
Then came the main course:


Chicken Tiki Masala. Yum. Yum. Yum.


With Naan (Indian flat bread).


Then dessert:
Two different types of Indian pudding. I ate both. Wubs doesn’t like anything chunky in his puddings.
I.Will. Go. Again.
     I woke up full. I haven’t eaten anything all day because I was so stuffed last night. I kind of rolled out of bed this morning and went to the gym with my friend Ciara. If it wasn’t for my friend…let's just say the trip to the gym would never have happened.
     Wubs got up and started installing his new car seats. His muscle-y butt broke the last one. I said it might help resale of the car if both the front seats matched so he purchased two new ones. I took two months for them to arrive from China…the only place we found that had seats for a Sports Trac. 
Now we have two new seats and a new center console in his truck. We are riding in style.
Maybe not but at least we can see over the steering wheel now.



No comments:

Post a Comment