Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wind Turbine Solutions



     Last night Wubs didn’t get home until 12:30 or so. After work he drove down to Sauvie Island to meet his brother. His brother Dennis is a brilliant man and a techie. He has gone into business for himself and is doing extremely well. He was contacted by someone seeking a solution for critters chewing through wires that link the wind turbines that line Columbia River Gorge. At least that is what and where I think the problem is. All I know for sure is wind turbines are involved so I’m assuming it is the turbines that preside over the Columbia River on our trips to visit my brother in Cheney Washington. I guess the turbines need the ability to communicate with each other and some-how that ability keeps getting interrupted. Dennis has been working hard at developing a wireless solution. I don’t understand the techie side of this project but I do know that Wubs came home all excited for his brother last night and what he was doing. He asked for Andrew’s help to make the magnetic housings for his wireless solution. These will be attached to the side of the wind turbines several yards up away from chewing beasties. One of Dennis’s co-workers told Wubs that there are very few people who know how to establish wireless connections over long distances and that Dennis was one of those rare birds. It doesn’t surprise me. He is one of those people who has learned the art of using his brain.
     Andrew spent last night learning how to weld aluminum. He explained that was one metal he hadn’t worked with before but that was Dennis’s metal of choice. He called up his co-workers for pointers and was welding it fine by the time he had to close up shop for the night. He will probably be returning tonight and tomorrow to finish the prototype.
     Last night was interesting for me too but for entirely different reasons. I don’t know what I did to myself but I can’t turn my head from side to side without pain. I think I slept on my shoulder wrong. Wubs says he doesn’t know how I get myself into some of the positions I do when I’m asleep. “You’re a pretzel,” He says.
“Really? I had no idea.”
     I’m holding the left side of my body as still as possible to avoid the sharp pain that is my shoulder right now.
As we climb the hill Wubs and I remark to each other more and more…“New pain.”
LOL. I feel like I’m being a little whiner but I really can’t turn my head!
Ouch.
Moving on...
Look what came in the mail for me this week! 
  Another piece to my growing dish set. I'm shaking my head.
He's just so darn sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment