Monday, May 26, 2014

Baby Jov



     Yesterday I woke up to this presiding over my bed. Little guard kitty. I feel safer already.
     I had to be at church at 8:30 to help get the worship team set up. I played piano and sang. Worship was powerful again and I ordered the CD’s from the last three services I was on the team because I keep getting songs in the middle of service. I have been asked several times to do a CD. That has been a dream of mine my whole life. After the service an artist friend of mine came up and talked to me about how many grants were available to musicians in the city of Portland to do that very thing. “If the money doesn’t go to Christians it goes to someone else so we might as well apply for it for you.” She is a painter and sculptor who's work is beautiful and I know she knows what she is talking about. Hope sprang up that this might actually be a possibility though to be honest I am a little intimidated by it. We shall see…
     I was starving when I got home from church and made myself a healthy snack.

     Ok, so it wasn’t so healthy but it was extremely happy producing. It was my "I wish summer was here to stay" treat.
     Wubby’s sister had her baby and we went to meet him yesterday. He was born at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emmanuel in downtown Portland. Wubby drove right there without even looking for directions. I asked him how he knew where it was and he reminded me he helped build it. He helped put in all the mechanical piping systems for it. As we were sitting in her hospital room he pointed at a smaller-ish building next to the thirteen story one we were in and said that is where all the heating is coming from for this building. It had two giant swirling fans spinning on its roof. He never ceases to amaze me. I’m always surprised when I find out how much he knows about construction and the inner workings of buildings. But that is not why we were there. This is:


     Baby Jov. He is oh so sweet and precious and new. The nurse came in twice while we were there to run different tests on him. He wasn’t very happy about them and let us know how well his lungs worked. When doctor was done though, he was wrapped back up and settled right down. Tiny sleepy eye lids opened and closed. He was perfection in a seven and a half pound skin.
     Mr. Man holding baby…

    …equals another obnoxious “swoon” moment from me. He is going to be a great Dad some day.
     We brought mom and dad Chinese food and had a sweet short visit. The Chinese dinner was a hit and little baby got a new little monster suit from Auntie and Uncle…and some cute baby socks…and some sweet baby boy onesies.

    I’m a sucker for baby clothes. I can’t resist them and usually I end up buying the way over priced baby shoes. I really really love those. EEP! Tiny little feet covers. I just got socks that looked like shoes this time:

     When we got done with our visit we walked out to the hallway and I snapped this picture looking down from the seventh floor. 


     Sister looked down with us and exclaimed, “Oh I didn’t realize how far up we were.” The window we were looking out was floor to ceiling and you ended up getting that sinking feeling in your stomach that should be the natural response to the presence of heights. We both backed away a little and the experience prompted this story from Wubs. A story I would rather forget and I’m sure so would he.
     "The first day on my job here the foreman wanted me to operate the crane. We were on the thirteenth floor and I was lifting a 20 foot, 6 inch piece of pipe (which weighs approximately a thousand pounds) from the thirteenth floor to the thirteenth ceiling. It was the first time I did this and my foreman told me how to do it then left the job sight. I rigged up the pipe the way he told me to and started lifting. About half way up the right rigging snapped and the pipe swung out over the edge of the building. The ER lane below was in full operation. I thought for sure someone was going to die. Then the pipe started swinging back and lifted up the crane a little. I was sure at that point I was going to die. Repeat that process until the pipe finally stopped swinging. I got off the crane and put my head between my knees for about twenty minutes."
     The foreman came back and said, "Oh yeah. There was one more thing you needed to do in order to secure the pipe."
     He told that story as we were standing next to the floor to ceiling window only seven stories up. Needless to say my stomach was in my throat by the end of it. I swear Wubby’s life has been saved more times than I have fingers..not to mention the nightmare that would have ensued if the other side of the rigging snapped. So so scary. Thank you Lord for your protection.
     And in case you're interested...this is this morning's blogging time going south:
     He pushed all the books off the shelf with his fat butt then settled down and finally ended up with his rump on my shoulder like this:
He has issues but I'll keep him :)









No comments:

Post a Comment