Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Van



     The much awaited anticipated day has arrived. Or at least it did yesterday. I’ve been neglecting my blog this week. Not because I want to but because I am so tired when I get home from speed walking two miles a day at the gym. Exercising does make me feel better the next day but when I get home I just want to fix dinner, eat it, and go to bed. So that’s what I did with the exception of reading before I fell asleep. My new book is “Things That Matter” by Charles Krauthammer. I’ve only read the intro as sleep set in before I got to the first chapter…five days in a row. In my defense by the time I get done with nightly errands and dinner and laundry and the yada yada monotony of life… it’s around nine o’clock and that is generally the time I start heading for bed.  Early mornings come too early.
     Anyway, back to the much anticipated day. The day Wubs got his work van. We celebrated by buying doughnuts and coffee and Mr. Man gave me a chauffeured ride to his office. I was a half an hour late to work but it was worth it to see his big grin as he stepped out of the car to claim his earnings. 

     This big white metal thing will surely add to the parking craziness in our neighborhood…
     …but the way I see it is, we should be able to use the parking space in front of our house. The neighbors with five cars (not exaggerating) will have to figure something else out. Really, who needs five cars anyways? This is just a little window into my suburban frustration with postage stamp home lots. I love this house but it has its downsides.
     We pulled up to his office and he pointed out a mark on the side of it. “You see that? That was me. I was pounding a bolt in the wall and I said one more pound for good measure. The last pound sent the bolt through the wall.” 
Me: “Oh dear. Well I guess they still like you.”
Wubs: “Yeah, then my co-worker got chewed out instead of me because he was laughing about it… you don’t even have to do anything and it’s your fault.”
     I feel bad for the co-worker but if you heard the laughter from Wubs as he was telling the story…lets just say it was hard not to laugh with him…apparently Thor’s learned from his hole in the wall and he has learned how to swing his hammer “softly”. The hole still has not been patched. I'm still not entirely sure Wubs knows his own strength. I call him Mr. Man for a reason. All muscle...mmm hmmm...mine mine mine. Now for a total change of topic:
     More cat videos and pics!! 'Cause I'm kind of a dweeb like that…Have no fear…I shall supply:
Give Me My Cookie:


I’m Comfy Here:

Laundry Help Video #1:

Laundry Help Video #2:

This Morning’s Blog Time With Kittahs:

This Morning’s Blog Time With Kittahs Goes South:

I Will Be Throwing Away These Napkins…Crazy Paper Fiend…TP, Napkins, & Towels are not safe in this house:


 
 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment