Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Peaches And A Weld Test



     Wubs fell asleep standing up at work today. They told him he was leaning on a pole and snoring…It went on for fifteen minutes before they woke him up. Somehow I don’t think working seven days a week for two months is the best thing to do. How in the world do you sleep standing up? All I know is he can sleep anywhere any time. Wubs says it’s something he learned in the army.  I think he needs to go to a sleep doctor. I’m pretty sure he wakes himself up snoring every night. I know for a fact he wakes me up. I have already relocated to the couch once this week. I got home from work today, took one look at his face and wished I could tuck him into bed right then. His face carried the puffy weariness of the sleep deprived. He pulled on his work boots though and headed out the door for his class. They have a quiz every Tuesday and he still had some studying to do. He was going to sit in the parking lot at the hall and attempt to stay awake and read. I’m hoping he is in class and not still asleep in his car. Poor guy. All his hard work is paying off though. This week he found out he passed his weld test. That is a really big deal! For one, it means a really nice pay raise and for two, it means that none of his welds need to be “supervised”. Now he can go anywhere, to any state and weld pipe legally. So proud of him!! Last year there were several Saturdays he got up and went to the hall to perfect his craft. They have a teacher on hand every weekend and he would go and be a student on his own time. He was planting seeds way back then and now we are starting to see the fruit. I love watching him love what he does. There is other news and rumors that he’s heard of other possible good things in store but I won’t share them until they happen. Let’s just say his work ethic has impressed and people above him have noticed…Grin…blessings coming…I can feel it…
     Sunday night we were able to do something fun. We got to go up to Wubby’s parent’s house and meet Peaches. 


     That’s Papa in law on Peaches. She’s an Arabian and a very patient sweet heart. She let Wubs and I ride her bareback without complaint and stood very still as we climbed on her back like the novice horseback riders we are. So much meat and muscle on her and my favorite part is how warm she was! It was like sitting on a heat blanket. No one else might have observed that but to me. I’m ALWAYS cold. It made me love Peaches that much more. I told Wubs I want one.
     She has a bottom lip that flops about and makes it look like she wants to say something. I guess that’s an Arabian trait. I admit I wanted to feed that bottom lip a bag of carrots. I was in horsey heaven. At one point we were all standing around her talking and she bent down and took one single mouthful of grass. I swear she looked around to see if anyone noticed or cared and then just held it in her mouth without swallowing. It looked like she made eye contact with me and was asking for permission to swallow. Probably not but it was cute to imagine. You could tell right away that she was a really good horse.
     We did commit our maiden voyages on Peaches to video but that footage is on my sister in laws phone.  I’ll share those videos here if I ever get them. It was humorous to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment