Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bathroom Shelves




     Check out this empty space by my bathroom mirror:



     I know you’re probably captivated by such an inspirational photo.
     Maybe not…
     I needed more space for the growing mini metropolis on my bathroom counter. I mentioned to Wubs how nice it would be to have shelves in the space I pictured above.  I love that Wubs can build things and that when he isn’t bushed from working from sun up to sun down he would be content what we have deemed “puttering” in the garage. This little plan has been in the works for at least six months to a year. I know I took this pic about two months ago when he had some free time and his shuffling and puttering produced this:

     We bought the ornate scroll-y thing and he pin nailed it to the wood then spray painted it with several coates of spray paint…ah…I’m taking a moment to bask in the pretty-ness. I was getting excited for my shelves. Then two months past. So when he came home today, mowed the lawn and then stayed in the garage I went to see what he was doing…and I found him doing this:

     Isn’t he great? Man with power tools puttering…swoon…
     Someday I’ll show you the finished shelves. I’m not sure if that day is near or far but it will happen…Wubs’s instincts make him a putterer by nature and when he is done shuffling and humming and puttering in an occupied space for any length of time, you realize he actually wasn’t dawdling his day away…it only looked that way from passing casual observation. He almost always produces something. The whole phenomenon is hard to describe. You have to be around him for a while to really understand what I’m talking about. It’s another reason I love him. He’s so darn cute.
     Then he does things like this:
 

And this:

     The platter that goes with my dish set and the matching silverware. Is it Christmas? My Birthday?…Did I forget our anniversary? No. It’s just Wubs loving the snot out of me and being his swoony dream boat self. How did I get so lucky?



No comments:

Post a Comment