Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Market



     This morning I woke up to Mr. Boo settling his fat body on my computer key pad again. What is it about cats and keyboard pads? I decided to snap a picture of this kitty keyboard phenomenon and snapped this.


     Goodness…I didn’t know cats eyes could be so penetrating. LOL.       
     Today was a blessed day. There was an absolutely beautiful sky with big puffy white clouds that sailed through a piercing blue background. I love looking up on days like this.
     Wubs was home all day too. In the morning he went to camping world or some such place and bought a collapsible trailer to haul our camping bounty up to Timothy Lake. We barely packed it all into the truck last year. When I came home from running the errands he was just getting home with it. He said to me, “there is something I didn’t anticipate with all this. I thought they were going to walk me out back and bring me to my trailer. Instead they walked me out back to my boxes.” He proceeded to unload them from the car. Then he unpacked all the boxes. When he was done everything was neat as neat can be and in its proper place for assembly:


     He had that determined look in his eye that said to me he was going to be at this for a long time. I stopped him and asked him if he wanted to take me to the Saturday Market that just popped up this weekend in a church’s parking lot up the road. He did and we went and we found some treasures. I love to go to these markets just for their fresh cut flowers. I found this beautiful bunch and knew it was coming home with me:

     Then Wubby found some hummus. He really loves this stuff and one of the vendors had at least twenty different kinds to choose from. We chose this one and grabbed some of their made from scratch pita bread:

     It kept Wubby going whilst he assembled the trailer:


     Then I picked out two fully blooming hanging baskets. I’m kind of nervous about them. I tend not to have luck keeping them alive but I do so love to look at them. I grilled the flower girl on their proper care and feeding. Here’s to a successful hanging basket season:






     Then I came back inside and made a big pot of Paula Deen’s Taco Soup. It was really good. My boarder brought home a red box movie and we sat down to watch it with soup spoons in hand. It was a very emotional but very good movie called “Gimme Shelter”. It was based on a true story and very moving. I really get into movies that spell out what real love looks like in the midst of very real human struggles. I would recommend this movie to anyone as long as you keep a box of tissues close.

      It’s almost 11pm and Wubby is still in the garage wiring the trailer so the brake lights will turn on.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew's assembly project looks a might more complicated than a swing set I remenber assembling.

    ReplyDelete