Monday, September 15, 2014

A Clump Of Sad

     Whatever you may think this post is about after glancing at the title…you’ll probably guess wrong. That was an all up front, I’m being straight with you disclaimer. It’s actually not sad at all. It’s kind of funny. Unless, of course, you’re Wubs. Then it’s very sad. He said so himself…

     It all began when we were romping around Costco preparing for our August Timothy Lake trip. We were in the belt loosening glow of vacation expectation. As a result, a few (well maybe more than a few) items that would normally never make it to the cart, had their lucky day and made the trip home with us. One of those items was much desired by Wubs. 

     Can I just say macadamia nuts must have gold nuggets in their centers. A least I feel that way when I have to pay for them…I actually think they are more expensive than their weight in gold. 

By now you may have guessed one of the mystery items.

Kirkland Signature Salted Carmel and Milk Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nut Clusters

To Wubs, THEY ARE gold.

     We were so careful the entire week of camp. We made sure they were in a cool place to ensure that they would remain in cluster form. We only ate a few as there is always WAY TOO MUCH food at camp. When it was time to go, we packed the truck carefully and Wubs made sure to put the clusters in the center console of his truck where they would remain cool and clustery. We drove all the way home and unloaded some of the car. We were bushed and only took out the essentials. The next day Wubs walked in the door with his salted carmel, milk chocolate and macadamia nut moosh. We totally forgot about them. The nice cool place in the center console became an oven and reformed our little clusters in to a milk chocolate pond.

     The container cooled and Wubs has hacked at it bit by bit with a spoon scraping off a few chocolate shavings and the occasional nut. Last week he lifted the container from the counter, made eye contact with me and said in a forlorn voice, “This just makes me so sad...” to which we both busted up laughing.

     Oh but today, man oh man…I REALLY needed some chocolate. Yup it was one of those days. A Monday day.  I hacked and I cut and I pride that clump of sad FREE. I chopped it up into more manageable bites. 

When Wubs comes home he’ll be so happy.
Da clusters R back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment