Saturday, September 13, 2014

Silent Warring

          This has been a week of silently warring in my heart and mind. I don’t want to plug my ears and ignore the darkness in this world but sometimes I need to distract myself or it will overwhelm me. I looked out the window at work yesterday and saw all the flags that line our drive at half-mast. It took me a minute to realize the date and remember.
     I get daily emails that update me on the horrors taking place across the ocean. No family should have to endure what some of these people are facing. Some of these emails I don’t read because I just can’t take the sadness. I just pray, "Oh God, help them and comfort them". The last one I read shook me to my core. This is what it said:

     The situation in Iraq is so evil and dark that many have said that "it seems the world is ending soon." Hundreds of Yazidi children were brutally killed last week by the jihadists, and no one seems to take notice. Kalil and his wife were rescued by our teams, but he lost all four of his children. Kalil was so broken and emotional, while he shared his story with our workers at the "Community of Hope" refugee camps, that I want to ask you to please forward his story to your team members. Kalil said:

     "We migrated because Islamic fighters were coming for all of our villages. We lived more than 50 miles from the nearest facilities, but were forced to walk and hide in the mountains of Sinjar. I knew that death was destroying other families, but I had no idea what would happen to our family. I gave them everything we had and begged them to release us. They beat us and tied our hands together so we could do nothing as they took our children away. Days later, I found our four children's bodies on the rocks of a nearby mountain. My nine-year-old daughter was raped and then badly killed.”

     After reading that through again it is so horrible I feel I must apologize for the shock if you were not ready for it but what is happening needs to be discussed. It needs to be stopped and the victims need our help. The depths of depravity people can sink to is nothing new to this broken planet. They do it in the name of their cause and justify their actions by it. Nothing will stop us from reaching such and such a goal, it doesn’t matter who stands in our way. If they are not with us they are rubbish and will be treated as such. Convert or die. I wish I had some way to promote real help for the people who are caught in the midst of this insanity. All I can do is to write about those who are helping in the thick of it in the hopes of garnering support. 
     RUN ministries has started camps and are daily rescuing and giving aid to refugees forced from their homes and running in terror from those who want to harm them. There is obviously a desperate need for monetary aid. They are supplying food and shelter and are in great need of medical supplies. These are good people doing good things and some times at the cost of their own lives. Several of run ministries team members have already lost their lives in the intense effort to find and rescue refugees. 
     I know this is heavy. It’s just weighing on my heart and mind and this is me doing what I can…
      I have had my “peace” music on all week. I created a “Haley Westenra” radio station on Pandora and have had it playing in my ears all week at work. Haley has one of the most beautiful soprano voices. Her music and music like it takes my mind off of things. I tend to dwell. I discovered this song this week too by composer Karl Jenkins.
     My first question when I was done listening to that absolutely gorgeous choral piece was what are they saying? I researched a little and discovered they weren't saying anything at all. Karl writes this music specifically for voice strictly as an instrument. It's just interesting...and might I add...gorgeous.
     Another distraction I have been at this week is the hunt for a paint color. Remember the lemon pie kitchen. Yeah...I still hate it. I have been buying and trying paint samples this week.
     I didn't quite like any of these. Then I found this one today:
     It's a keeper. I wanted to get started painting today but next friday they are having a 40% off sale on paint...I think I'll wait for that... they wanted $50 a gallon...ummm wha? No. I'll wait for the sale thanks. I was kind of thankful for the wait though. I was bushed from cleaning the whole house and grocery shopping and making dinner in the hopes Wubs would be home to eat it. He wasn't...he's been working all day again today.

     OUCH!! I'm sitting here typing with my toe hanging out of the end of the blanket when all of a sudden I felt a little chomp in it. I pulled it under the covers fast and looked over my computer to see a guilty little Brewster face. Sorry momma. I didn't mean it...LOL...they never bite. The shame on his face...LOL...just LOL. You could tell he didn't know it was attached to me. Sooo cute...
See...he's a lover not a biter. He gives hand hugs.

Anyway...I need to post more and not write mile long posts...if you've endured to the end well, thank you. I know this post is kind of bipolar. It seems a little vain to post about my life's little happenings when so many lives are in unimaginable turmoil. All I can say is that I am so incredibly thankful for freedom. God bless and comfort those who live daily without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment