Monday, September 8, 2014

Oriental Chicken Salad Yum

     The best thing about today was my lunch. The day was pretty boring. Another blah blah Monday. I mention my lunch because I plan on sharing the yum. Oriental Chicken Salad on the cheep and easy. All of the recipes I found for it called for making your own dressing. I was in one of those make it easy moods again and bought the dressing. Any Asian Sesame dressing of your choice will do. Here’s what you’ll need:

Cabbage
Green Onions
Bean Sprouts (Optional but I like them ‘cause the add extra crunch)
1 to 2 cups cooked chicken (I used a whole roasted chicken from Costco…my husband is a finicky chicken eater so only Costco roasted chicken for him but really any cooked and chopped chicken will do.)
1 Package Ramen Noodles
A couple of handfuls of Slivered Almonds
1 1/2 Tablespoons Oil
Asian Sesame Dressing of your choice

     I kind of eye ball how much of each of these ingredients to put in the salad. Chop desired amount of cabbage up (I also chopped a little Romaine Lettuce up that I needed to use up and mixed it in…more cabbage than lettuce though…it’s sweeter…I like sweet). Chop desired amount of green onions. Combine desired amount of cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts, and cooked chicken. Heat oil up in a small pan. Break up Ramen Noodles, discard the spice packet, pour them in the pan with the oil and fry them till light brown. They will cook quickly (about a minute or two). Then add the slivered almonds (don’t add them at first with the noodles because they will burn). Fry noodles and almonds until the almonds are lightly toasted. Let them cool and add them to the cabbage and chicken mix. Pour over the mix your desired amount of Asian Sesame Dressing. 

Best. Salad. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment