Sunday, September 28, 2014

Full Heart / Full Garage

     So I got to cross a few more things off my goal list this week. One of them was moving the TV into the family room. This was Mr. Man’s day yesterday and it was completely voluntary. I was surprised when the TV mount arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. It was one of those “to do someday” things but it was in the back of my mind as a heart’s desire. 
          Wubs made it a reality all on his own. 
     It was no small task. It took him about three hours and was done with his usual accuracy and precision. The wall had several tiny pencil marks scratched in it that all made sense to him, their end result being a perfectly centered TV mount. He commented to the air half way through, “Their level is off.” He had been using his fancy leveler and decided to test the one that came in the box with the mount. Apparently it failed. Another comment muttered to the air with great frustration, “Ah man that’s gonna annoy the crap out of me.” I pipe up from the next room over, “What?” 
     “Oh sorry, I thought you were outside.”
     “Well I’m not. LOL. What’s wrong?”
     “I thought the light was centered directly over the fireplace but it’s not. It’s off center by about an inch or two. It’s gonna bug me.”
     I think I told him next that he can be such a girl sometimes because those are the things that bug women. To be honest it will bug me. Especially since it has now been pointed out to me. 
     
          *notice the two piles of grass on the kitty scratcher at his feet…giggle. Nip. It’s the best stuff ever for fur brains. Those piles may not look it but they have been sufficiently reduced by kitty licks.
     And if that wasn’t enough. He then trucked me over to Ikea and picked up a couch for me. One I have been drooling over for a while now. I feel spoiled! I told him this whole month has felt like one big birthday party for me. After that we drove over to Vancouver to pick up my corner hutch. Our garage is full now. 

This couch is in those boxes.
     I am spoiled I tell you! SPOILED. What bag of wonderfulness did this man of mine come from? Seriously it's not about the stuff for me. In fact I've expressed a few times how I thought he might be being a little extravagant and won't the couch just get ruined with children and yada yada to which I just get a stare over the tops of his glasses...the stare means be quite woman and just let me do this for you. 
     Side note: the people we bought the corner hutch from said they had the exact same couch in white as well and oh yeah...they had 6 children under 10...he said the couch is awesome...you just pull the covers off and wash...that made me feel a little better about the investment.
      Our sweet brother and sister in law let us borrow the F350 super duty to haul everything around these past couple of days. On the way over to Vancouver over the rumble of the diesel engine Wubs had the radio on and serenaded me. This man can sing. This song came on:
     *Is there some music video rule about inappropriateness? 'Nuph said on that point...needless to say, I just don't get it.
     Wubs started singing along in a massively impressive falsetto. 
     I'm gonna swing from the chandelier...from the chandelier...
     It was frighteningly good. I COULD NOT STOP laughing!!
      Then this song came on:
Wubs said: This was my song before I met Kimberly.
Awwwwwww!!!
Seriously. Heart is full. Heart is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment