Monday, September 22, 2014

Bye Bye Lemon Pie

      I finally finished painting my kitchen and family room. Well, almost finished. I still have to touch up the ceiling in places. Then I’ll be done. 
     Man was I tired when I finished yesterday. I woke up this morning and decided not to go to work. I had one more vacation day I needed to use before the fiscal year change October 1st. If ever there was a day I needed rest. I got a full body work-out yesterday….all day.
     I’ve been hunting on Craig’slist for furniture and managed to find two pieces that I have wanted for a long time. They’re on the “goals” list on the fridge.

     The magnet covers the word "goals". I scratched this out one day on a whim but I'm realizing that simply chicken scratching out your goals and dreams and posting them up where you'll walk by them every day makes them that much closer to happening. It motivates me in a small way to accomplish things. Reading it every morning brings goals in the back of my brain to the front. If brains have backs and/or fronts. You know what I mean. Don't you?

Don't laugh...I'm in my thirties and still have all my wisdom teeth. 

Anyway...     Here's the in-between lemon pie be gone transformation:

     And the finished:

     
     Anyway, back to the furniture hunting. I found this and Wubby is gonna pick it up for me this week:
    Sometimes I cannot believe the things you can find for dirt cheap on Craig’slist. Seriously so happy about this find. It will fit perfectly in this space:
     Then I found this:
     I've had my other dish hutch cat-y wompus in the corner and it just doesn't fit...but this corner hutch will. This is where I will put it if it's still available.
     And those two pieces...under $200...yup. Awesome sauce. I plan to transform them so they match.
     Something like this. Now I just have to learn how to do it :)


1 comment:

  1. Chalk paint, I hear it is the greatest, you do not have to sand the piece or any thing, if you want the rustic look, I would dry brush the black on.

    ReplyDelete