Friday, September 19, 2014

Belly Bumps (No, Not Those Kind)

I got the following text from Wubs today:

“Guess what? Couple hundred welds! Not one leak! 95% of the welds are mine! Good day! Love you!”

Can you feel the happiness?

     Last night he came home and told more “belly bump” stories. I call them belly bump stories because of a mental image Wubs created for me about what goes on in man’s world. The never ending competition for man-ly-ness. Who’s man-ly-er than who? Have you ever seen two bucks lock horns and fight? Belly bumping is a lot like that only with bellies instead of antlers.

Belly bump:  “I weld faster than you.”

Belly bump: “I’ve been here longer than you.”

Belly bump: “You shouldn’t have a van. You’re just an apprentice.”

Wubs’s belly bump: “You may weld faster than me, but my one weld is faster than your two.” (He may be guilty of a belly bump or two…he is a man after all).

     His point was validated today when they tested the system he did most of the work on.  Today’s lack of leakage was a direct result of his over-attentiveness. He can move very slow mind you but when he is done with something it is usually dang near perfect and it’s hard to argue with the time he spent doing it. 

     When I came home I told Wubs I was writing a post about belly bumping. He got “in character” and let me record this:

     Then he reminded me of the old Disney cartoon Robbin Hood and Friar Tuck’s “Get out of my church” scene. I couldn't find the short clip in English but it's even funnier when you can't understand what Friar's saying:
Yet another Wubby-ism downloaded to his subconscious via a childhood cartoon...LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment