Sunday, September 7, 2014

Early Birthday Present

     I’m on a big learning curve right now. I just had to google if a Mac has a version of Microsoft Office. I usually type up my blog post in Microsoft Word before copying and pasting them into blogger. Wubs bought me and early birthday present. He leaned over to me Tuesday night and asked me if I wanted a Mac for my birthday. I said yes and that I’d also like to get Pro-tools, I midi capable keyboard and a mic so I could start recording. I was dreaming. When I rolled over and made the morning sleepy awkward eye contact across the pillow to him, he contorted his face into a crooked smile and said, “Your birthday present should be available Wednesday”.

Me: “UMMM. What??”

Wubs: “I bought you your computer last night. You said you wanted it.”

     Then there was that awkward processing of being slightly angry at the money spent and extremely happy that I was that much closer to finally getting the ability to record within reach. Do I be mad? Or glad? I mentally processed.

Wubs: “We talked about it last night and you said you wanted it.” (Apparently my face communicated my mental angst).

Me: “Of course I want it, who wouldn’t want it? Just because I was excited about it doesn’t mean I was ready to spend the money on it. Oye.”

Wubs: “Just be happy and say thank you. (Said with a big smile and a knowing laugh)”.

Me: “Thank you. You spoil me.”

     He plans on getting me my keyboard and mic soon as well as Protools. I learned the basics of Protools in college but that was about ten versions ago. It will be another learning curve when I get that and I will most likely end up paying for the education of its use. 
  
     I’ve questioned several times if this is the right thing to do or not but it has been on my heart forever. I am trusting God with provision. I have found that when we take risks He has always met us. Last month I was leading worship for one of our church’s Friday night prayer meetings and for some reason it turned into a time of person after person releasing promise over me and confirming what was in my heart about music and writing songs. You are going to do a cd. You need to release these songs. It got to the point where I felt a little bit uncomfortable with the attention. I walked out of that night saying, “Ok God, if this is what You want me to do, You know what it will take to do it.” The funny thing is, my husband wasn’t even there and I have barely talked to him about what it will take to record. Tuesday when he rolled over and asked me about getting this computer my answer was one of the first times I mentioned to him what was truly in my heart. He is more of a “leaper” than I am when it comes to financial decisions and I’m glad that he is. I don’t think we would be in a home if he didn’t push on doors I was afraid to even approach. I think God knew what He was doing when He put this man in my life.

     So that’s what’s new with me. Dreaming a little dream.

     I had help learning my new computer:


So the help wasn’t very knowledgeable but he was kinda handsome:

    In other news I made 72 cupcakes yesterday. Children’s ministry was ending their Vacation Bible School with a BBQ. I provided some of the desserts:

     I went the easy route and used a box this time. Three boxes. Chocolate, vanilla & strawberry. I even used fake icing. I just didn’t have enough time yesterday. Sometimes you just need to make it easy on yourself ya know?
     I also made Wubs a nice dinner since we hadn’t had one in a while. Enchiladas, Mexican Rice, Zucchini & Summer Squash:

This is a free-bee ‘cause I just think some things are stinkin’ funny:


No comments:

Post a Comment