Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Purpose



      I have thought about why I want to do this blog and stay at it since staying at it has been a problem for me. I usually get excited about things and then lose interest quickly especially when there is work involved. Is anyone else like this? Do you get bored and or distracted easily? I know I do.
     A few years ago my Grandma took a turn for the worse. Alzheimer’s runs in my family and she started showing the beginnings stages of the disease. Grandpa is still able to take care of her but the job gets increasingly hard as she slips further and further away. It is very sad to watch but also very special to see the connection between her and Grandpa. She still knows him and gets a little panicky if she feels he is out of her proximity. I mention all this because when all of this started happening Grandpa decided to email her journal entries from forty years ago. To the day, every day, an email is sent to all of his grandkids, kids, and other friends of the family who expressed an interest in reading Grandma’s journal entrees.  Today I read Grandma’s journal entree from February 23, 1974. It’s a little window into my Father’s childhood but also really special to learn a little about my Grandma and what life was like for them. I think it’s beyond special that she took the time to journal and remember the milestones in their life.
     I wish I had started this sooner because there are so many things that have happened in my life that I want to recount but can’t remember. Like the funny little things that happened this week…I will probably annoy my grandkids and make them question who their relative was but wouldn’t it be fun to have a digital library complete with pics and video of your great grandma’s life…what were their struggles? What brought them joy?
     Sooo…that is a little motivation to keep at this…though I don’t make any promises. I know how finicky I can be.
     This week’s funny / interesting or otherwise note-worthy events that will mean nothing to you but everything to me so I’m writing them to remember them are:

This pic text from Wubs:



Wubs: Thought of you! Look at Oct.
Me: You should have been born in July…but you are the funniest guy I know so that applies too…


Date night with Andrew’s executive:
     Last night was actually really fun even though I went into it a little nervous. I didn’t know what to expect or where the conversation would lead but prayed that we would walk away feeling like we spent the night with a fellow brother and sister in Christ and not with an executive from Wubs’s company.  There was the obvious respect for his position present but the conversation was more like friends getting to know each-other. It was easy and relaxed and fun.  We went to a Mediterranean restaurant and ate chicken kabobs. Exec and Wubs talked a little about company stuff but we shared more about how we met and married and how they met. Their relationship is still new but it was neat to hear their story. My friend needs a really good man who loves the Lord and can take care of her. I hope she has found him.
     I brought them a little house-warming gift of coffee beans and home-made apple oatmeal  scones. We ended up eating them for dessert.
 


Snuggle Cows:
     This morning after church I went with Wubs to fill up his gas tank. At the end of our road there is a wholesale carpet company that houses two big cows. They are huge! When we drove by today they were snuggling. I made Wubs turn around so I could take this pic:





They make me happy.  Two big snuggly meats. Love it.

 
I made this for lunch:

  
     Mmmm….Guacamole. I also have gotten addicted to these tortilla chips from Costco. Food should taste good tortilla chips and guac…yummmmm….
     I put the guacamole in a heart bowl cause I thought it would be cute but when I did I had the thought, “If I took a picture of Grinch’s heart I’m pretty sure it might look something like this."

This Cat:
      While I have been sitting here typing this cat has been performing…I’ve snapped pics. I took the video a couple of days ago but within the hour there was a repeat performance. He moves around a lot…I know…more kitty videos but seriously…He’s so stinkin' cute!!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment