Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Valentine



     This is my valentine:





     I finished my get ready for the day routine upstairs this morning and walked downstairs to find this waiting for me.





     Yup.

     I spent last night making this cherry pie for him and prepping a yummy dinner. 


     Yup.

     I got a call from Wubs just about the time I’m supposed to leave work asking me if I received anything at work. I hadn’t. He was bummed. Apparently he ordered flowers and a box of chocolates to be delivered to my work but they never came. He was able to cancel the order after an hour wait on the phone trying to figure out what went wrong. I felt sad for him because he really did try so hard…such a sweet-heart.

     I got him this card because I’m obnoxious like that:





     It was a singing cupcake and I COULD NOT resist. 

     It got a little laugh out of him so it was worth it. It didn’t come close to the uber-sweetness he wrote in my card. His love language is words of affirmation so I got a whole paragraph of sweeter than life words. I tossed in the towel and decided not to even try and compete and just give him a goober-card. I made sure to tell him how much I love and appreciate him because I really really do.

     Then we ate this.


Kerns Strawberry Necter mixed with Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider for sips
Black Tea – a must at every meal for me
Green Beans – a Wubs favorite
Roasted Brussel Sprouts – my favorite
Roasted Pork Chops in a lemon, fresh Rosemary, fresh Italian parsley, salt & pepper marinade
Roasted potatoes with a hearty twist


     I got Pin-spired and absolutely had to try it.


     The two fur balls were very interested in all the goings on.



     I snapped this moment ‘cause it just makes me giggle. Those are eyes full of hope and expectation if ever I saw them.


Happy belated by a day V-day!!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment