Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I am not second class


I listened to this pod-cast today and it is rocking my world

http://www.bethel.tv/watch/992/kingdom-payback-for-shame/2011/05/29


One quote from his message:


     "Shame will keep us in a prison in our minds, in our perception. When we start to walk in any place of feeling less than, of feeling second class then we create a prison in our minds that we have to learn how to step out of. We have to get out of that place. You see if I live in a place of shame it means that I do not value me. If I do not value me I will not value what I carry. If I do not value what I carry then I will not know who I am when I walk into the room. Even though I attend church I will not fully embrace and pick up my assignment. If I don’t fully pick up my assignment then I will not be fully equipped as the church has been instructed to equip the saints for the work of service. And it will all begin by feeling less than or second class."
 
     I feel like I just got a shot of wisdom about how to deal with my thought life. Who knew that less than feeling I get when I walk into church was rooted in shame?... God... That’s why I “randomly” clicked on the exact video I needed today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment