Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Weekend



     Easter is by far my favorite holiday (well Easter and V-Day anyway). It brings life back into focus. The beauty of Him who was fully God and fully man dying and conquering death and the grave to make us alive in Him, I still marvel at. I marvel and wonder. The one true and living God chooses to call those who believe on His name His own; inviting them into an eternity in His presence. Can you imagine sitting in the presence of One who breaths out stars, establishes the heavens, and who gave you your very breath? Yet that is what He invites us to do daily.
John 14:23
…”If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.”
      Imagine the Star Breather…The Lion of the tribe of Judah…The Healer…The Prince of Peace…The Beginning and the End…the One who is everything love choosing you; choosing to come to you, to commune with you and teach you wisdom and truth. He does when you invite Him in and open the door of your heart to Him. He guides your steps and makes your paths straight (Prov. 3:6). I heard someone say this week that they never want it said of them that they need to return to their first love. It stirred passion in me to pursue Him more. If I’m honest with myself passion has been lacking of late. I’ve been in a season of processing unmet expectations, disappointments, bitterness, and unforgiveness.   They all look so ugly when spelled out on a page but those issues were at the root of many of mine. The Holy Spirit has been slowly chipping away at them. Last Sunday I told my pastor that I would like to be involved with worship again. To me it was a big step in letting go and walking toward what I feel He is calling me to do. I am no great musician but worshiping the Lord in song is something I love and could spend hours doing. I assume he put those passions in me for something greater than myself. For a higher purpose than me and mine.
     This is one of my favorite arrangements of the following song and it has been running through my head all weekend. 


Love so amazing so divine, demands my soul my life my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment