Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday Night Prayer Meeting



     Last night I led worship for a Friday night prayer meeting our church is having once a month. I love going to these meetings because they are full of people who really truly genuinely walk with the Lord and are some of the strongest prayer warriors you’ll ever meet. They come hungry and seeking and it’s an atmosphere ripe for the presence of God filling the room. I felt like it was a struggle for me to lead worship though, my biggest problem being song choices. I hate trying to figure out what songs I will need to bring. I brought about fourteen songs and only used two or three…and they felt like the wrong direction. I can’t relax and struggle so much feeling like I am always going in the wrong direction. Ugh. God still showed up and it was a great time of intercession for our church.
     I met a cute little Grandpa too…Dawn. He is about a foot shorter than me or at least it felt that way because I was very obviously looking down into his smiling face. When I was telling Wubs about him and describing him the only thing I came up with is that he looks like a cross between Mickey Rooney and Bob Hope only with more joy etched in his face than either of the typical pictures of those two. He came complete with Grandpa suspenders. I kind of adore him. So much so that I even remembered his name, which I usually forget 30 seconds after people introduce themselves. I love people but some people just grab your heart right away you know? You can tell there’s a champion in life under the joy wrinkles. He reminded me of my Grandpa V. Always smiling, always positive….facing each day with joy despite whatever the days trials would bring.
     This morning I am putting together a shopping list for a Mexican dinner I’m putting together for yet another worship practice tonight. I’m playing the piano and co-leading for church tomorrow. I’m really only leading one song. Last night showed me how rusty I am at this. I’m glad we are able to work some stuff out tonight. The original plan was just to get a little practice in an hour before service tomorrow and that never goes as planned. Anyway, we shall see. God always moves despite our weaknesses. 
     A few other kitty like sweet things to share. Mr. Boo plays fetch. You see the string in the back of this picture? 


     This is his favorite toy. It’s a little like his security blanket. He carries it around everywhere yowling as he goes. And he plays fetch with it. See:

     Such a cute-bug. Ahh!! Everybody needs a kitty.
     This hansom pants:

     Who licks his chops whenever you pull the milk jug out of the fridge…


     Yes I know you are not really supposed to give kittys milk but just a lil’ every once in a while hasn’t killed him. It has however made an addict out of him.
     Anyway the story I’m getting at….this morning I turned on a video on Netflix about oceans. It was scene after scene of majestic Coastal Beauty set to pretty theme music and was just a peaceful way to start the day. Then I noticed I wasn’t the only one watching:

     I’m not sure what kittys can see in the way of color or even seeing the tv screen but every time I looked up He was watching the screen. He gets shy when you look at him and pulls away behind the edge of the bed when ever I would record him. I’d stop when he pulled away and look up a few minutes later and he was back to watching the TV. So darn CUTE!!!
     I can’t help it. They just make me HAPPY!! Seriously…look at these two…I mean really:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment