Sunday, July 13, 2014

Anniversary Spa Trip



     I behaved myself today and tried not to pull out my phone and take pictures and video and just enjoy the day. We went to an amazing Spa and came out feeling like Gumby, all jello legged and loopy headed. We were oh so relaxed. It was amazing. I swore I would never get a massage but Wubs has been saying how much he would like one since we’ve been married. It was a first for both of us today. It was amazing and not weird at all. Very relaxing and romantic. Wubs fell asleep during his. It was a splurge but a string of 60 hour weeks have had their toll on Mr. Man’s body. I thought a massage would be a good surprise for him and it turned out to be the perfect thing.
     After our Spa day we went to “our place.” The place he proposed to me. The place we often hiked when we were married. My favorite place in Portland.
     I said “yes” to the second most important question that would ever be asked me in this life at the base of this waterfall on a cold, rainy, perfect day in February 2007. I had so much peace that this man was the one for me despite many things in the beginning of our relationship that would promote the lack of it. I’m so glad I said yes. I wouldn’t dream of trading my story with all its valleys and mountains for any other living souls. Multnomah Falls is a place we go to remember. To renew an attitude of gratitude for all that has happened and all that will. It is and will always be, “Our place”.
     We took the old historic highway back to Portland. I did sneak in this video. It was miles of this beauty.

     The highway climbs and climbs and twists and winds. Beauty on every side.  A perfect end to a day of peace and rest. We made another memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment