Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Phone Cleaning



    Since it’s Sunday and I have nothing better to do with my afternoon than clean out the hoard of pictures and video I’ve taken on my phone I figured today was the day to bore entertain you with them.
     These videos and pictures were taken last weekend on our Mt. Rainier Railway ride. I tried not to post things I’ve already posted but if you know me you know my memory walks with a feeble gait and has a history of stumbles. Please forgive me as I get up and brush off as if my embarrassment didn’t just happen.
My trip to the mountain in pics and video: 

The log still had sap coming out of it even though it had been sitting there for years...In the heat you could smell the yummy sappy smell. I love the smell of sap!

Wubs: Apparently that one had a radio on board.
Me: How do you know?
Wubs: Probably because it says "Radio Equipped".
Me: Oh.
Us: Laugh laugh laugh.




One thing you notice right away about the Nisqually River that flows through Elbe Washington is its white appearance which is the result of the pulverizing of stones. The powdered rocks in the water make it look white and are the result of grinding glacier ice at Mt. Rainier. I'd never seen a white river before.


These two pics were taken from I84 on our way to Bonneville.

And this is Brewster helping me with my grocery list
And this is Belvedere helping me with the laundry. It was super hot here so the water I was using to fill the iron for steam seemed mighty appealing.

Now I'm all cleaned up and ready to take more video and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment