Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes




I spent the last three days of this week in the kitchen.
     Every time I open the door of the fridge I get two furry visitors within seconds. Papa, otherwise known as Mr. Man, elsewise known as Wubs, has a nasty habit of giving into their little whims. So now when the fridge door opens it is a sonic beacon signaling the promise of reward to any and all fur brains  in the vicinity of its perception. This noise will result in yummy white stuff as was the case Wednesday night when I began to make some cupcakes and opened the fridge to pull out the milk. Kitties can't drink without getting their furry chins stuck in their liquid of choice. This repeated dunking of chins elicited the labeling of Fur Brains as "Fu Manchu's". The drop of moisture hung from feline faces does look a lot like the infamous moustache of the fictional criminal genius:
This face is pleading, "Put me down!" 
Poor Kitty. He skulked off and cleaned his paws and chin.

I was in the kitchen for a reason.
Could anything be sweeter than miniature cakes?
OK. You’re right.
Newborns are much sweeter.
Today I got to enjoy both.
     I met my friend’s new baby grand-daughter for the first time. Baby Abigail is only a few weeks old. Her mother does NOT look like she just gave birth. This is baby number 3 for her. She’s gorgeous. So is her newest little bundle.
     Grandma asked me to do the cupcakes and a small personal cake for the shower. Mom got sick on strawberries during her pregnancy and I didn’t trust any of the recipes I found for cherry so I settled on pink-lemonade as the additional flavor to the requested, mom’s favorite, plain old vanilla cupcakes. I made 2 dozen vanilla cupcakes and 2 dozen pink lemonade cupcakes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment